"To be the most trusted source for credible market intelligence, transparent price assessments and actionable insights, across commodities and regions"
We have a vision where everyone in the world makes informed and considered decisions driven by reliable and trusted data, information and insights derived through robust, evolved and globally benchmarked processes at SteelMint. Better decisions by everyone enables creation of a better world.
- Customer Focus - Providing optimum value to our customers while understanding their specific needs and taking into account the impact of their specific environment and market factors.
- Curious - We are inquisitive, creative and passionate problem solvers with an unorthodox approach and futuristic in thought. We believe in challenging existing norms and articulating new & unique perspectives.
- Reliable - We are authentic, original and credible. Our approach is in-depth research, independent, unbiased and fair reporting through cutting edge technology platforms.
- Integrity - We are honest and transparent in our dealings and we do what is right. We are committed to excellence in all our endeavours.
- Accountable - We are responsible and we take end to end ownership of our assignments, always keeping our customer’s faith and believe in exceeding expectations.
An aggregation of our values defines a true SteelMinter
To empower our customers and enable them to take decisions based on facts and accurate information and insights and not instincts alone.
Our Mission is to strive to continuously provide our clients with reliable and timely actionable information, insights and perspectives through our highly evolved and robust data processes and IOSCO compliant price assessments using the most appropriate and state of the art, cutting edge technology.
Realising our Vision and Mission in our Daily Lives
Accurate Price Reporting
Our robust price discovery mechanisms are IOSCO compliant and are widely accepted amongst buyers and suppliers.
Robust Data Process
Our data churns through comprehensive research that is credible, in-depth and independent.
Giving maximum value to our customers is our top priority.
We attach high importance to providing genuine information services and we owe responsibility for every bit of it.
We are a curious lot, thriving on passion and striving for excellence in whatever we do.
The SteelMint Story
- 2010 Team of three transform the SteelMint concept into reality
- 2011 Goes digital, with the launch of steelmint.com
- 2012 Started publication of Steel 360 Monthly Magazine
- 2013 Launched plantbee.com, a portal for used steel plants & machinery
- 2014 Planned and hosted first conference
- 2015 Planned and hosted first international conference on foreign soil
- 2016 Kept pace with the times and launched the SteelMint App
- 2017 Serving over 6000 satisfied clients
- 2018 Launched SteelVia – a global steel innovations forum
- 2019 National Entrepreneurship Award by Government of India
Leadership team – We walk the talk
Dhruv Goel is the Founder & CEO at BigMint Technologies Pvt Ltd (SteelMint). He is in charge of the overall growth strategy of the company, pricing and data, operations and business dimensions. Prior to starting SteelMint, Dhruv was into trading of Iron Ore. Before that, he started 'Rescue First' – a 24-hr vehicle breakdown assistance service in Bangalore. He has an interest in Cricket and is an active member of Mayo Old Boys' Cricket Team.
Sumit Agrawal is the Founder and Executive Director - Operations at BigMint Technologies Pvt Ltd (SteelMint). He has been instrumental in designing the systems and processes and is currently looking after the Business Development, New Initiatives and Market Research functions. Prior to starting SteelMint, Sumit was associated with IDBI Bank. He also worked in his family business of automobile spare parts.He enjoys meditation and Yoga and has attended Vipassana a few times.
Tarun Goel is leading the Information Technology division as the Executive Director - Technology at BigMint Technologies Pvt Ltd (SteelMint).With over 15 years of experience, he worked with Inlogistics before joining SteelMint. Tarun started his career with Infosys. He did his BE from DY Patil Engineering College, Pune.He has interest in fitness and movies.
Training & Development through AbhyasSM
The Training & Development wing is intended to provide SteelMinters with multi-dimensional facets and on the job learning thus making SteelMint a talent factory of the future!
Through its "Shivir" series, SteelMint presents its employees with ample opportunities to upskill & upgrade their careers in the area of their interest.
SteelMinters hone their leadership skills through first hand experiences of inspiring personalities who have lived up to their corporate and social lives.
SteelMint attaches equal importance to developing the trust within SteelMinters and allow them accumulating the knowledge, skills and education..