"To be the most trusted source for credible market intelligence, transparent price assessments and actionable insights, across commodities and regions"
We have a vision where everyone in the world makes informed and considered decisions driven by reliable and trusted data, information and insights derived through robust, evolved and globally benchmarked processes at SteelMint. Better decisions by everyone enables creation of a better world.
- Customer Focus - Providing optimum value to our customers while understanding their specific needs and taking into account the impact of their specific environment and market factors.
- Curious - We are inquisitive, creative and passionate problem solvers with an unorthodox approach and futuristic in thought. We believe in challenging existing norms and articulating new & unique perspectives.
- Reliable - We are authentic, original and credible. Our approach is in-depth research, independent, unbiased and fair reporting through cutting edge technology platforms.
- Integrity - We are honest and transparent in our dealings and we do what is right. We are committed to excellence in all our endeavours.
- Accountable - We are responsible and we take end to end ownership of our assignments, always keeping our customer’s faith and believe in exceeding expectations.
An aggregation of our values defines a true SteelMinter
To empower our customers and enable them to take decisions based on facts and accurate information and insights and not instincts alone.
Our Mission is to strive to continuously provide our clients with reliable and timely actionable information, insights and perspectives through our highly evolved and robust data processes and IOSCO compliant price assessments using the most appropriate and state of the art, cutting edge technology.
Realising our Vision and Mission in our Daily Lives
Accurate Price Reporting
Our robust price discovery mechanisms are IOSCO compliant and are widely accepted amongst buyers and suppliers.
Robust Data Process
Our data churns through comprehensive research that is credible, in-depth and independent.
Giving maximum value to our customers is our top priority.
We attach high importance to providing genuine information services and we owe responsibility for every bit of it.
We are a curious lot, thriving on passion and striving for excellence in whatever we do.
The SteelMint Story
- 2010 Team of three transform the SteelMint concept into reality
- 2011 Goes digital, with the launch of steelmint.com
- 2012 Started publication of Steel 360 Monthly Magazine
- 2013 Launched plantbee.com, a portal for used steel plants & machinery
- 2014 Planned and hosted first conference
- 2015 Planned and hosted first international conference on foreign soil
- 2016 Kept pace with the times and launched the SteelMint App
- 2017 Serving over 6000 satisfied clients
- 2018 Launched SteelVia – a global steel innovations forum
- 2019 National Entrepreneurship Award by Government of India
Leadership team – We walk the talk
An entrepreneur, who made his mark with Rescue First – a 24-hr vehicle breakdown assistance service in Bangalore, before venturing into minerals trading. He is the driving force behind the creation of SteelMint. He acquired a PGPCEM from XLRI, Jamshedpur and currently heads SteelMint and all its operations.
An entrepreneur, whose career took off by independently creating a market for his family business dealing with HCV automobile spare parts in Chattisgarh. He then tested the waters with minerals trading in 2008 and played a crucial role in launching SteelMint in 2010. He has an MBA from ICFAI and PGC in Digital Marketing from MICA. He currently heads Sales and Marketing for SteelMint.
An IT professional who completed BE from DY Patil, Pune. He gained considerable experience during his stint with Infosys and Inlogistics. He joined SteelMint in 2010 and currently heads the Technology division.
A member of ICAI, he has garnered extensive experience in taxation and transaction advisory. He honed his financial acumen during his time with Grant Thornton and currently heads the Finance division.