Overview of Indian iron ore production & movement in FY'20
Odisha Iron Ore Dispatches
1. Iron ore movement from Odisha state stood at 135 mnt, of which 45% movement reported within states and rest in other states.
2. Tata Steel, JSPL, SAIL, Rashmi Metaliks, and AM/NS India contributed around 40% of total movement.
3. Odisha state alone accounts for around 80% share in India's total Iron Ore export.
Chhattisgarh Iron Ore Dispatches
1. NMDC & SAIL are the major producers of Iron Ore in Chhattisgarh. NMDC is a merchant producer while SAIL produces for its captive consumption.
2. Approximately 50% of iron ore produced in Chhattisgarh moved to Andhra Pradesh, whereas 30% iron ore movement reported within the state and the remaining 20% in other states.
3. 80% of NMDC produced iron ore from Chhattisgarh moved to companies like AM/NS India, RINL, JSW & KIOCL.
4. NMDC exported 2.5 mnt of Iron ore in FY20 from Vizag port.
Karnataka Iron Ore Dispatches
1. Total iron ore movement from Karnataka stood at 29 mnt and around 90% movement reported within state.
2. JSW Steel procured around 60% of the total Karnataka iron sale.
Jharkhand Iron Ore Dispatches
1. In the state of Jharkhand, there are two major producers, Tata Steel and SAIL. Both are captive miners.
2. SAIL & Tata Steel jointly account for around 90% share of the total iron ore movement in the state.